Welcome to the Library Practice Student Page!
Here you will find orientation information and class expectations
for library practice students.
Students have assigned duties to complete daily. Here is the list of daily tasks you will be required to complete.
Finish all group responsibilities before working on individual responsibilities.
I. Group responsibilities:
1. Push in all library chairs at tables and computers.
2. Pick up and throw away trash.
3. Put away books left on tables and put personal items left behind in lost & found.
4. Straighten the magazines and new book area.
5. Straighten the computer area.
II. Individual responsibilities
(begin AFTER group responsibilities are finished):
IF ASSIGNED SHELVES: Maintain your rows.
1. Shelve all books on the library, textbook and novel shelves behind the circulation
2. Check the book order of all your assigned shelves.
3. If you find books out of order fix them.
Once per week:
Dust your shelves - this task is assigned every Monday and expected to be completed by Wednesday for full credit.
III. Duration of period
A. You may be assigned to:
1. Work at the circulation desk.
2. Staff the door and check for passes and make sure students sign in correctly.
3. Work on a project which benefits the library.
B Responsibilities at the circulation desk
1. Check in, check out, and renew books
2. Collect printing money (10 cents per page)
3. Collect student passes and see that the students sign in and out.
4. Help library users with locating books in the library.
C. If your work is completed, ask for permission to:
1. Work on class work for another class, or
2. Read a book.