Students should come to the Health Office for any of the following reasons:
- First aid or health problems, with a pass from the teacher
- Permission to telephone parents to go home due to an illness
- Medications authorized by the parent and doctor (forms are available)
- Permission to be excused from Physical Education as required by a doctor or parent
- To attend school with a cast or crutches with doctor and parent permission
Medications: Students MAY NOT carry medications of any kind on school grounds. Simi Valley High School is a Drug Free Campus. Medications (including Advil and Tylenol) may be administered in the Health Office ONLY WITH WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM YOUR DOCTOR AND PARENT. Authorization forms are available in the health office, or click here to download a printable form in .pdf format.
Injuries: In order to be readmitted to school following an illness and injury that requires the use of a cast, crutches or wheelchair, we must have written notification from a physician and parents.
P.E. Excuses: Take all Physical Education excuses from parents and physicians to the Health Office. Parents may request exclusion from P.E. for medical reasons for up to 3 days. Thereafter, a doctors note will be required.
Homework Requests: Please follow the instructions given by each teacher and/or see the SVHS webpage -- click on Teachers to send an email or to access the teacher’s assignment website. If necessary, the Health Office can email teachers for absences of three (3) days or more, and will support individual health needs.